We are pleased to announce that the DevTest 8.0.1 including CA Service Virtualization, CA Application Test and CA Continuous Application Insight 8.0.1 is generally available (GA) as of February 4, 2015. This release includes both fixes to reported issues as well as enhancements to our 3 core products with some significant updates to the CA Continuous Application Insight user interface based on customer feedback and ideas.
This service pack release contains fixes for various reported defects in addition to the following product enhancements:
- Moved VSEasy to the DevTest portal as "Virtualize using RR pairs"
- Added Tool Tips on the DevTest Portal (Create and Edit a Virtual Service)
- Added the ability to delete a node in a conversational virtual service
Support for HP ALM 12.0.1
Enhanced JSON assertions
Added Tool Tips on DevTest Portal
- Support for Apple Safari browser in Selenium testing steps
- CA Application Test for Mobile
- Support for Appium scripting using the _webDriver variable
- Voyager support to select an asset to target where to run tests
- Voyager support for secure applications (prompt for credentials)
- CA Continuous Application Insight (fmr CA Path Finder)
- Over 10 usability enhancements including (but not limited to) an ability to select and tag Points of Interest, consolidation of the 'Find Defects and Analyze Transactions' screens and the ability to prefix the name of an artifact that is being created.
- Support for SAP NetWeaver added back in
- General Enhancements
- DevTest Portal - Added capability to resize, move, add and remove specific areas of the dashboard
- DevTest Portal - Added ability to store user preferences so that view is saved for future logins
The full release notes are available here: https://wiki.ca.com/display/DTS801/Release+Notes#ReleaseNotes-8.0.1Enhancements
The release is posted and available for download on our support site. Instructions to download are here - Download DevTest Solutions Installers - DevTest Solutions - 8.0.1 - CA Wiki
We will schedule a community call to go over these enhancements soon.