[This post is a "reprint" of the official communication sent to all customer contacts of record via e-mail. It has also been updated to reflect any impacts from the Broadcom acquisition.]
January 12, 2018
To: Clarity Project & Portfolio Manager (PPM) Customers
From: The Clarity PPM Product Team
Subject: New Customer Innovation Process for Clarity PPM
On behalf of Broadcom, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly solicit customer feedback and ideas to inform our development process. Today, we are pleased to invite your organization to participate in the New Clarity PPM Innovation process. This process has been introduced to address suggestions we have received regarding the handling of ideas on our current Clarity PPM Communities idea site.
A summary of the new Clarity PPM innovation process:
· There is a new idea site at https://clarity.brightidea.com. Access to this new idea site is only available to official voting representatives (more on that below). The previous idea site will remain available for a limited time to allow voting representatives to use previously submitted ideas as a reference for new submissions.
· Voting on the new site works differently. Each voting representative gets 3 votes to distribute as they see fit. This is intended to help us prioritize.
· Representatives are welcome to submit new ideas. To make them available for voting, however, they (or a proxy) must pitch them on the monthly call, which is held on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 11:00a ET.
· Ideas that rise to the top of the list AND receive a required minimum number of votes will progress further into the prioritization process and receive status updates during the monthly calls.
· Ideas that do not maintain a minimum number of votes will be archived from the site once per quarter. This allows us to maintain focus on those ideas that have attracted a reasonable consensus of support from across our customer community.
As of this writing, each customer organization is limited to one voting representative per Clarity PPM production instance. Representatives will be asked to participate in the process as described below. To nominate your organization's representative, please provide their name and e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer voting representatives will be asked for the following time and effort:
· An hour each month (on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 11:00a ET) for a review call that provides Clarity PPM product management updates, gives an opportunity to pitch new ideas for inclusion in the product, and highlights ideas that have been selected for further analysis. (If the representative is unable to attend a particular call, they are welcome to send a proxy in their place.)
· A modest amount of additional time reviewing the ideas on our new idea site (powered by Brightidea) and deciding where to cast your organization's votes.
Once we receive the official designation of your company representative, we will provide them with more details related to their participation – including a Welcome Guide with answers to many frequently asked questions. We do, however, want to highlight one specific question that came from many customers participating in the process pilot:
Q: What happens to the ideas submitted previously to the CA PPM communities site?
A: The ‘Ideas’ portion of the communities site was deactivated as of June 30, 2018 and this new site is now the appropriate way to suggest product enhancements. A small set of top ideas were transferred before the old ‘Ideas’ area was deactivated; otherwise, ideas must be resubmitted to be considered for prioritization. This new process is intended to help us focus more on the top few ideas that really garner your support.
[Note for Clarity PPM Partners: Partners are not eligible to participate directly in this process unless they also qualify as a customer operating a paid Clarity PPM production instance. We request that Clarity PPM partners encourage customers to take full advantage of the new process by nominating their voting representative and pitching ideas that they believe will add value.]
Please direct any additional questions you may have about the new innovation process to Clarity PPM Product Management at email@example.com. [Note that only messages related to the new innovation process are handled at this e-mail address. Please continue to use your usual Support or Account-related channels for all other Clarity PPM inquiries or concerns.]
Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership with you. Thank you again for your business.