No question about it, project managers have a lot on their plates. Here are just some of the tasks we do every day, for every project:
- Design and apply appropriate project management standards
- Prepare and maintain project, stage and exception plans
- Manage risks and develop contingency plans
- Monitor overall progress and use of resources, initiating corrective action when necessary
- Adopt and apply appropriate technical and quality strategies and standards
- Manage project administration
- Manage potential interdependencies with other projects and their impact
- Direct, manage and motivate the project team
- Monitor the WBS in Gantt charts (in fact, sometimes you think Gantt is your middle name)
Your colleagues often call you Super PM, but to really deserve project management superhero status, you also have to take command over project costs.
Consider CA PPM Cost Plan Adapter your trusty sidekick! With this PWP you can import forecasted costs from any financial system your organization uses into CA PPM to have a complete (and actual) view of your projects, create financial KPIs, monitor progress against those KPIs, and make adjustments that will keep projects on track financially. By having numbers at your fingertips from Day 1, you can control your project finances—not the other way around.
Your organization’s leadership will love you for it.
Here are a couple of questions I’m often asked about the CA PPM Cost Plan Adapter:
Is it compatible with and supported in SaaS environments?
Yes, it is. In fact, all PWP global delivery components are SaaS compatible and supported.
Can I download it from support.ca.com?
No, but you can get it quickly by contacting your CA sales representative or account manager for a quote.
Find out about other PWPs for CA PPM here.