Please review this useful information and links to help you be successful with your CA PAM implementation
1. Where to download the product?
Note – CA PAM is distributed as Virtual Appliance On Premise, AWS and MS Azure, as well as HW Appliance – for the Virtual Appliance On Premise (OVA):
- CA Privileged Access Manager (PAM)
- CA Privileged Access Credential Manager DEBIAN
- select the latest version available
(as of this writing it is 3.2)
- download the OVA file
(as of this writing it is “PRIVILEGED ACCESS MANAGER R3.2 - ESD ONLY DVD500000000001333.ova”)
2. How to deploy the OVA?
- This is described Step-by-Step in the Implementation Guide
3. Where to find the full Product Documentation?
select “CA Privileged Access Manager” and the latest version
4. How to Login to PAM, how to find out the Serial number, how to request a License and how to apply the License?
(preferably download and use the PAM Client for further operations)
5. How to find the available Training Courses to use the product?
(select “CA Privileged Access Manager”)
6. Where to go to first if questions arise?
7. What ports are required for PAM to function properly?
8. How do I configure certificates into PAM?
- With a CSR: https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/how-to-deploy-a-certificate-issued-by-customers-internal-certification-authority-into-ca-pam/kb000014616
- With a Self Signed Certificate: https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/how-avoid-the-security-warning-for-the-java-applets-when-opening-the-xsuite-gui/kb000039755
9. My users don’t have access to the internet and thus cannot download the CA PAM Client from the link in PAM login page. How can I make this work without opening access to the internet?
10. We would like to use the Internet Explorer instead of the PAM Client but the Access Page does not load.
11. Reopening the PAM Client or opening another instance is presenting a "Bind Failure" error.
12. for upgrade information, here is the link the PAM upgrade community page