Dear CA Service Management Community Member,
With so much going on in the Service Management Community I have consolidated recent activities in case you missed anything.
NEW Weekly Member Activity
It's great that we have such a vibrant community to get quick answers to questions and gain product knowledge! We have very active members jumping in to help others out all the time. The goal of the community is to respond to every members' question so that no one goes away "empty handed". To help further responses to all questions I am starting the following campaign.
- Every week I will post a blog entitled "Ask a Question, Get an Answer - See an Unanswered Question, Offer a Solution".
- In the blog will be links to questions in the community that have had no response.
- Members review the subjects and if they have a response they can quickly click on the link and provide a potential solution.
- IMPORTANT - As a part of the response include #helpinghands (it will look like: helpinghands when you select the tag from popup).
- In the weekly blog post I will be thanking all the "helpinghands" who responded to unanswered questions in the previous weeks blog.
Shoutout to all the members who helped out with the unanswered questions so far! Thank you for all your help!
Have a question about CA Service Desk, ITAM and/or CA Service Catalog? Connect with CA Technologies technical experts to get answers via Office Hours for CA Service Management. Our team is here to help you get more out of your technology. Join us for one hour Thursday, November 12th @ 10 AM ET. NOTE - No audio is provided and all Q&A happens via online chat, making it a truly ‘fun’ event.
Did You Miss?
Miss this great presentation? Check out the webcast recording and presentation below to learn about exciting new CA Technologies capabilities in software asset management. Topics covered included:
o CA Software Asset Manager 4.0 – the latest upgrade including a greatly enhanced user experience
o CA Software Asset Manager Optimization & Simulation Module – A new offering delivering advanced optimization capabilities for performing cost comparisons of different license models to support more strategic procurement decisions, simulation features enable more accurate forecasting and demand planning, and much more.
Speaker: Michel Avenel, Sr. Principal Product Manager at CA Technologies
Almost every IT shop claims that increasing their IT Service Management (ITSM) maturity is an important objective, but very few have gotten far down the road. What exactly is ITSM “maturity”? Is it the same for everyone? Is it truly attainable? How do we get there? And how do we measure our progress during the journey? Hear about models that measure ITSM maturity and where most organizations stand today. Get ideas about where you may focus to get some quick hits increasing your ITSM maturity. These questions and topics are explored in what will surely be a highly relevant and entertaining webcast by PINK Elephant’s George Spalding and CA Technologies’ Allen Houpt. Buckle your seatbelt and enjoy the ride to ITSM maturity; but, don’t ask “Are we there yet”?
Learn about exciting new capabilities being made available in CA Service Management. They are being made available as a value pack that doesn’t require a full upgrade. Capabilities include:
o Configuration Promotion – A simplified process to move configuration changes through Dev, QA, UAT to PROD environments
o Common Patch Installer – Simplifies patching of solution components
o Community-driven Enhancements – Includes MDB level setting, search personalization, SDM attributes in Unified Self-service, and controlling the visibility of “communities”
Speaker: Rajeev Kumar, Principal Product Manager at CA Technologies
*Replay and Presentation will be posted soon.
https://www.travelhq.com/events/caworld15?mc=GLOB-DSP-CORP-AAM-000052-00000923&code=userCA Service Management: Going Big at CA World We have an action-packed Service Management agenda at CA World which is being held Nov 16th to Nov 20th in Las Vegas. Customers, CA experts and industry analysts will present and engage in conversation about ideas, trends, experiences and solutions that are fueling transformation in IT Service Management. Here are some of the highlights:
- Education Sessions:Topics and best practices covering process automation/workflow, reporting/dashboards, change and configuration, software asset management and more.
- Case Studies: Customers speaking about driving ITSM maturity, user adoption, team approaches to ITSM, change/config management for agile ITSM, effective use of process automation in ITSM, and much more.
- Technology & Market Sessions: CA ITSM leaders and industry analysts presenting ITSM trends and CA product vision, strategy and roadmaps.
- Micro-sessions (Tech Talks): Focused, small-group sessions on topics including Knowledge Management, Mobility, ITIL and more.
- Meet the Experts (Smart Bar): Access to CA product managers, SWAT resources, etc. for one-on-one discussions on ITSM and product topics of your choice.
- Product Demos: Live demonstrations of current and near-term capabilities for CA Service Management solutions including service desk, self-service/catalog, asset management, reporting/dashboards, and more.
- And the Fun Stuff: Concert performances by Sheryl Crow and Back Street Boy; Keynotes by Fareed Zakaria - host on CNN, author and columnist, and Steven Kotler - New York Times best-selling author, award-winning journalist and entrepreneur.
Great times were had in the WHAT’S THE CRAZIEST SERVICE TICKET YOU’VE EVER RECEIVED? competition!
We have picked a WINNER, Cindy Smith, Sr. IT Knowledge Manager from McGladrey, LLP.
We look forward to having Cindy join us at the CA World conference. Here is her winning submission:
"I worked at an IT Help Desk that also took facilities calls. The most memorable call was "My desk is by a window and a bird flew into the window. There is blood and feathers everywhere. Can someone please come clean the window; it is very distracting in its current state making it hard for me to work."
The entire CA ITSM team would like to thank all members who participated and provided the great stories we all got to read. We appreciate you staying engaged with our community and contributing to all the great content generated by our members and community.
Once a month we'll shine our virtual spotlight on one of the CA Service Management community's members. It's just a fun, easy way for us to get to know one another a little bit beyond our work-related interactions here on the site. This month, we're featuring Jon Israel Principal Support Engineer, CA Technologies.
Thank you for all contributions to the CA Service Management community Jon!
CA Service Management
8am - 6pm
US Eastern Time
Additional Times May Apply
Tips and Helpful Information
Top 10 Ideas
right click copy/paste87DELIVERED
Personalize views76UNDER REVIEW
IIS web server available for all SDM functionality.72UNDER REVIEW
Create GUI for GRLoader/ADT for CMDB70UNDER REVIEW
Extend pdm_load and pdm_userload functionality56UNDER REVIEW
Multiple file upload53DELIVERED
Easily Convert Incident to Request, and vice versa.50NOT PLANNED
That's it for now folks but I'm sure there will be a lot more soon! Take a moment to get in on the CA Service Management discussions and make your voice heard!
Community Manager, IT Business Management