Steps for removing OLD DSA
1. Go to your new (Super DSA) DSA and stop Mysql51 service , this will stop DSA loader service as well.
2. Backup DSA database ( make a copy of ‘nqrptr’ folder located : D:\NETQOS\mysql51\data\)
3. Once that’s successful restart Services on that Super DSA
4. RDP into an OLD DSA that you wonna remove and stop it’s services ( mysql51 and DSA loader)
5. Copy out all tables from ‘nqrptr’ folder except bellow files, to a backup folder on the SuperDSA somewhere on the D:/ drive. You can create a new folder called ‘old_nqrptr_dsa’.
So files below, do not copy out !
parameters . . .
settings . . .
statistics . . .
6. Now, when that’s all done, you will stop services on Super DSA again
7. Cut and paste files from D:/ old_nqrptr_dsa >>> To a D:\NETQOS\mysql51\data\ nqrptr
8. Restart services on Super DSA
- console steps after migrating data -
9. Now, let’s RDP into a RA Console Server and open up a CMD
Mysql –P3308 reporter;
mysql>select ServerID, inet_ntoa(Address), Capacity from database_servers;
Make a note of what is the ‘ServerID’ of the DSA that you wonna keep, The Super DSA
Now delete this OLD DSA from this table
Mysql>delete from database_servers where serverid=<oldDSAServerID>;
10. Now let’s update your database with that ID
mysql> update agent_definitions set DataServerId=1;
Query OK, 2 rows affected (0.00 sec)
NOTE: DataServerId is the number that have noted from above ServerID, I used ‘1’ for example
11. NOW LETS DELETE ONE MORE ENTRY by running command bellow
Mysql>delete from database_servers_scheduler where address=inet_aton('oldDSAipAddress');
LAST STEPS …
-- cleanup watchdog so you don’t get those alerts in GUI …
Mysql> delete from cpuutilization where address=inet_aton(oldDSAipAddress');
Mysql> delete from diskutilization where address=inet_aton(oldDSAipAddress');
Thanks for this very informative Tips, an excellent guideline.
This document was generated from the following discussion: Steps for removing OLD DSA , RA 9.0.161