If Event Manager was improperly removed from CAPC or restored from a backup and you try to add or sync Event Manager back with CAPC you may get an error like:
"Adding Data Source Failed Data source is already registered to another Performance Center instance"
To resolve this, follow the steps below:
1. From Admin UI, remove EM datasource
2. Remove all NPC related property from em.general table by running the following from the CAPC server:
mysql -P3308 em
DELETE from general where Attribute LIKE ‘%NPC.%’;
3. Restart the Event Manager service by running:
4. Manually add Event Manager again by going to "Admin->Data Sources' and selecting "New"
5. Allow Event Manager to sync with CAPC
This has been added this to the 'unregister from npc/capc manually' sticky.
This document was generated from the following discussion: Tech Tips: Event Manager fails to be added as a data source in CAPC