In CA Performance Management 2.3.4, the CA Remote Engineer (CARE) tool is now installed with
the four components.
The location of the CARE tool and instructions for running are noted below:
Using CA Remote Engineer
The CA Remote Engineer (CARE) tool gathers data that a CA Support Engineer can use to help you troubleshoot a problem. CARE contains configuration files in its scripts directory for every product that CARE supports
CARE is installed when you install CA Infrastructure Management components:
CA Performance Center
The Data Repository installer extracts CARE to the /opt/CA/IMDataRepository_vertica7 directory.
Run dr_install.sh to copy CARE to each node in the cluster in the /opt/CA/RemoteEngineer directory.
When prompted by a CA Support Engineer, take the following steps to run CARE to collect troubleshooting data"
Follow these steps:
1. At a command prompt, navigate to your installation directory:
cd install dir
2. Enter the following command:
3. When prompted, enter one of the following, depending on where you are running CARE:
4. When asked whether you want to FTP the CARE files to CA Support, provide one of the following responses:
- y The CARE files are sent to CA Support.
- n The CARE files are saved in a ZIP file that you can manually deliver to CA Support.