I wonder whether any of you ever had to change a particular piece of code from a number of Gel scripts in Clarity.
We recently had such a scenario while we did the clarity upgrade to v14.1. The number of arguments for a particular function (CMN_SEC_CHK_CLS_RIGHT_FCT) changed in the new clarity version. Ofcourse the upgrade logs gave us the list of NSQL queries we had to revalidate and so could easily change all the NSQL queries which used this function.
We had also used the same function in so many GEL scripts which also need to be changed. So we developed the below query to get this list, with all the names of the process along with their corresponding step and action containing the GEL script where this outdated function was being used. You can modify this query by replacing our search term (highlighted in RED) with your own search term.
SELECT ccnp.name Process_Name,
FROM BPM_DEF_PROCESSES bdp,
WHERE ccnp.table_name ='BPM_DEF_PROCESSES'
AND ccnp.language_code ='en'
AND ccnp.pk_id =bdp.id
AND bdpv.process_id =bdp.id
AND bds.stage_id =bdstg.id
AND ccns.table_name ='BPM_DEF_STEPS'
AND ccns.language_code ='en'
AND ccns.pk_id =bds.id
AND bdsa.step_id =bds.id
AND ccna.table_name ='BPM_DEF_STEP_ACTIONS'
AND ccna.language_code ='en'
AND ccna.pk_id =bdsa.id
AND ccs.id =bdsa.script_id
AND ccs.language_code = 'gel'
AND ccs.script_text LIKE '%CMN_SEC_CHK_CLS_RIGHT_FCT%'
Hope this will be useful for others