An updated version (v57) of the CA Capacity Management NMON adapter which expands the collected metrics used when reporting for AIX systems is now available for download from this community posting. The additional metrics collected are:
- GBL_LS_VIRT_CPU_UTIL - Provides CPU usage calculations relative to LPAR entitlement (Physical Consumption/vCPUs) .
- GBL_LS_VIRT_MEM_UTIL - Provides Computational Memory Usage (memory usage less FS Cache and Free Memory) relative to LPAR entitlement.
- FS_CACHE_PERC - Reports File System Cache (%)
- MEM_PROCESS_PERC - Reports Process Memory Usage (%)
- MEM_SYSTEM_PERC - Reports System Memory Usage (%)
- Pool ID - Provides associated Pool ID’s for all LPARs.
- Improved Memory Utilization Calculations - GBL_LS_VIRT_CPU_UTIL and GBL_LS_VIRT_MEM_UTIL……and GBL_LS_VIRT_MEM_UTIL no longer include FSCACHE! This makes a huge difference in the reported memory values due to the manner in which AIX reports memory usage.
- DM/CCC 2.4 and above
- CCR 1.5
Download and unzip NMON_57_C.zip and follow the simple installation instructions in NMON_57_readme.txt
Your feedback is appreciated so please post any comments in this thread. As with all free Capacity Management postings, inquiries should be made through questions or comments in this thread, and the author, ashjo02, will provide a response.
All information downloaded or accessed (including field packs, customized solutions, patches etc.) are provided AS IS and no warranties are provided or made. For more information you may click here.