CA Visual Infrastructure uses the special Monitor Attributes “Layer-Temperature” and “Layer-Humidity” to populate the Thermal View. These 2 Monitor Attributes need to be mapped in order to show Temp/Hum layers.
1. In the web admin, under the tab devices, make sure all your sensors are marked as Energy Data Source = Monitor.
2. Select your sensor(s) In the web admin, tab “Monitor”, subtab “Monitor attributes Manager”, level “device”:
3. Once you select the sensor, go to the right panel and click on the tab “mapping”, subtab “Target Mapping”. A list of Monitor Attributes for this device is presented.
4. Select “Layer-Temperature” in the column “Monitor Attribute”. A table called “Target Member” becomes active on the right side. This table shows all the targets available.
5. Click now on the target the represents the temperature of the selected sensor.
For example: If you select the device “DC-RFCode-Sensor_1014”, you will need to look for the target “temperatureSensor.1014”.
6. Now that the Monitor Attribute and the Target Member are selected, click on the button Assign. This will map both variables.
7. Repeat the steps 4-6 for Layer-Humidity and the Target that contains Humidity data to enable the Humidity layer.
8. Repeat the process for all the sensor devices you have placed on the floorplan. This procedure can be automated using this script: https://communities.ca.com/docs/DOC-231151072
9. Finally go to the 3D client and click on “generate thermal” or “generate humitidy” to enable the Temp/Hum layers.
10. To disable the thermal view just click on the checkbox “environment”