Having the ability to create your own custom streams allows you to customize the way you view activity across the site. While “Activity” compiles activity taking place in all of the CA Communities, and “Connections Stream” showcases the activity of the personal connections you’ve established, the Custom Stream feature allows you to “filter out the noise” by picking and choosing certain people and communities you'd like to follow closely. Aside from people and communities, you can also set up custom streams for teams, working groups, projects, etc. that you've created.
To create a new stream:
- Click on "Home" on the top banner of every page in the communities
- Click on the plus-sign next to your existing streams
- From there, you'll be able to enter a search term to search for people, places, or tags you'd like to add to your custom stream. For more information on the "follow a tag" feature that came with the move to the cloud platform, check out this doc: Following a Tag.
- You can turn email and mobile notifications on/off for each of your custom streams on this page, as well. The notifications options can be found at the top right of the page when creating/editing a custom stream, next to the "Done" button. Notification settings can also be modified in your preferences page. For more information on updating or editing email preferences, please see Following.
- Give your stream a name.
- Click Done.
The Stream will immediately begin to populate.
To edit your streams:
- Click on your custom stream.
- Click on the pencil icon at the top right of the custom stream (you will see the options to delete or pin the stream as the default view for the "News" tab in this section as well)
Video Tutorial Also Available