To: CA Configuration Automation Customers
From: The CA Technologies Configuration Automation Product Team
Subject: General Availability Announcement for CA Configuration Automation 12.8 SP02 (12.8.2) – JAPANESE ONLY
On behalf of CA Technologies, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly announce updated releases and maintenance for our products.
Today, we are pleased to announce the availability of CA Configuration Automation 12.8 SP02 (12.8.2). This Service Pack includes all maintenance published prior to this update. By installing this Service Pack, you ensure that your systems are current on maintenance for 12.8.
The updates to 12.8 SP02 include:
· Enhanced Remediation Capabilities: Create Rule Group using Live Browse option and Run Compliance
- Select the Windows registry keys and values of a specific server and create rules against them using the
live browse option.
- Select a File or Directory on a specific server and create rules against them using the live browse option.
- Select Windows Services to add server specific services to the rule groups
- Add Group Policy to server.
- Add a new Parameter and use them in compliance rules.
· Enhanced Scripts tab: Using the scripts tab you can define scripts to perform Rule Compliance, Remediation and Undo Remediation.
· Component Details (Services) Report Template Target tab includes Available Servers: The Target tab in the Report Templates lists the shuttle control of Available Servers. The report fetches multiple servers for a single selected component blueprint.
· Customer Blueprint Structure Enhancments: Customer Blueprint enhancement for Oracle 10g/11g (Unix) and Microsoft Exchange Server 2010.
· Extended Support for VMware Support: Enhance discovery support for VMware ESXi 5.0, 5.1 and 5.5.
· Update Discovery Support for Windows 2012 R2: Agent and Agentless support for Windows 2012 R2 Servers.
· Command Line Enhancements: You can automate the administration process of updating the Server Management Profile, Server Access Profile and Service Management Profile using the assignprofile task available in cca command line utility "ccautil".
· Database Product Enhancements: CA Configuration Automation administrator can use the following as database:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014.
- Oracle 12c database that is installed on the following environments:
§ RHEL 6 64-bit (OS patch level 2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64)
§ Windows 2008 R2 64-bit (Version 6.1.7601)
§ AIX 6.1 64-bit (OS patch level 6100-08)
Please visit the CA Configuration Automation product information page on the CA Support Online website at https://support.ca.com/ for detailed information concerning this Service Pack, up-to-date support information, and the latest technical bulletins.
You can download your copy of CA Configuration Automation 12.8 SP02 from CA Support Online https://support.ca.com/. If you have any questions or require assistance please contact CA Customer Care online at http://www.ca.com/us/customer-care.aspx where you can submit an online request using the Customer Care web form: https://communities.ca.com/web/guest/customercare. You can also call CA Customer Care at +1-800-225-5224 in North America or see http://www.ca.com/phone for the local number in your country.
Should you need any assistance, our CA Services experts can help. For more information on CA Services and how you can leverage our experience, please visit www.ca.com/services.
Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership with you.