The issue is for:
CA Product Insight DPM/DDM
Unable to discover/reconfigure the Agent on DPM application. When configuring Knowledge Agent, after prompted for the username & password - incorrect login/password message is received. Trying sqlplus from the DCC machine gets an ORA 1017 - invalid username/password message.
The following error is also observed:
Unable to connect to the database.
The Error iddCfg-2051 indicates a problem with access to the tnsnames.ora file on the UNIX machine.
1. Verify the access and the permissions on the TNSNAMES.ORA
2. Verify TNSNAMES.ora file contains valid IP and hostname
3. Verify the GrantUser.sql script is run against the Database instance
4. Verify the GrantUser.sql script is setup to provide privileges to the user
5. Verify if SSO and SQL plus connectivity is fine
6. After logging in as the Insight Agent user, verify connection to the database instance using syntax 'sqlplus sso_user@databaseinstance' is successful
7. Verify if the TNS_ADMIN user is added to the Insight user environment variable similar to below is added: TNS_ADMIN=/u01/app/oracuspr/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1/network/admin
8. Verify the ability to read the tnsnames.ora file via the Insight UNIX user
9. Verify the ORACLE_HOME and TNS_ADMIN environment variables are set and also verify if the variables are added to the Insight Agent User (i.e. .profile of the Insight Agent User) - for e.g.:
export TNS_ADMIN=$ORACLE HOME/network/admin
Remember to restart the JAS agent service after setting the Environment Variables and
10. Verify the hostname resolve correctly, else modify the hosts file (c:\windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file on portal machine)
11. Verify in the DCC configuration -> Host management -> multiple entries are not there for the agent (To avoid problems on other hosts, before installing the agent on the DB box, check:
a. The host FQDN, e.g. if host name is test1 then ping test1 on the box to find out how the name resolution happens and note down the domain name
b. The domain name should be updated in portal machine's hosts
file with entry like "<ip-address> <FQDN> <Domain Name> like "<IPADDRESS> sample.test.sample123.com sample"
so that portal machine also resolves the same
c. In the tns entry for the DB also, mention the host with full domain like below:
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = sample.test.sample123.com)(PORT
(SERVER = DEDICATED)
(SERVICE_NAME = example)
4. Make the oracle environment variables setting as explained above
The above should resolve the issue - good luck:)