After running a report in CA Spectrum Report Manager (SRM) it will result in various errors including:
"Failed to open connection"
"No Records Found"
The Well-known parameters (WKP) for SRM reports are set to "NULL!!!" values.
This can be verified by right clicking the SRM parameters page for any report and going to "View Source".
Search for "WKP_ProxyUserSecurity"
It will look like this:
<input type="hidden" name="WKP_CustomLogo" value="NULL!!!">
<input type="hidden" name="WKP_ProxyUserSecurity" value="NULL!!!">
This is caused by the database connection not getting setup properly after installation and post install steps.
1. On the SRM OneClick host go to $SPECROOT/Install-Tools/SRM-Tools/BIAR directory.
2. Create a directory called .backup
3. Move all .biar files in the BIAR directory into this .backup folder.
4. Go to the OneClick webpage
5. Navigate to Administration -> Report Manager -> Manage Business Objects Content
6. Click "Update Content" and let it complete
After completion the values should now be set properly and the errors resolved.
<input type="hidden" name="WKP_CustomLogo" value="C:\win32app\Spectrum\custom\repmgr\logo.bmp">
<input type="hidden" name="WKP_ProxyUserSecurity" value="Administrator">