In our production environment we had about 300 000 active Attached Events but as I found 170 thousands of them was dummy.
What I name dummy attached event?
In my vision dummy attached event is event that never triggers,
this could happen on system lag, animator_nxd error, invalid customization, data import or any other abnormal behavior.
What is condition to determine event as dummy?
I selected 3 filters:
- atev haven't linked object (obj_id);
- object is not exists in the system; (regular thing for Workflow Tasks because they could be easily deleted)
- object is inactive; (as we know all events should stop when object becomes inactive);
What this macro do?
This macro is looking for active attached events,
I selected 2 statuses for this purpose:
2 - running;
12 - paused;
If event matches conditions it will be canceled using "cancel_me" method.
Before we start
This is fully automated macro but I can't guarantee that everything will pass fine, so I highly recommend to:
- make a backup of affected atevs, this could be done via this command:
pdm_extract -f "select * from Attached_Events where status_flag IN (2, 12)" > atev.txt
- run it on testing env first;
- know SPEL basics;
This macro is presented as frg file and can be executed via bop_cmd,
more information could be found inside of file.
Comments or suggestions are welcome!