Requirement : Deploy a sample ASP.NET web application in IIS 7.x which prints all the HTTP Request Headers.
- Web Server : IIS 7.x
- .NET Framework : 4.0 or higher installed
- Microsoft Web Deploy (msdeploy.exe) is installed.
1. On Windows 2008 R2 , Microsoft Web Deploy is installed when you install IIS and the default installation location is :
C:\Program Files\IIS\Microsoft Web Deploy V3\msdeploy.exe
2. Microsoft Web Deploy can also be installed standalone :
Steps to deploy sample ASP.NET web aapplication :
1. Open IIS Manager (start => run ==> inetmgr.exe)
2. Right Click on Application Pools and Click "Add Application Pool" with the following details :
- Name : PrintHeaders
- .NET Framework Version : Choose v4.0.x from the drop down
- Managed Pipeline Mode : Integrated
3. Right click on the "Default Web Site" and click "Add Application" with the following details :
- Alias : PrintHeaders
- Application Pool : PrintHeaders
- Physical Path : Create new folder "PrintHeaders" under your IIS default website folder and select this folder.
4. Extract Attached "PrintHeaders.zip" to a folder.
5. Open a command prompt and "Run as Administrator"
6. CD to the folder extracted in 4.
7. Run following command to deploy "PrintHeaders" web application:
Note : The above switch will deploy the web application in the IIS of the local machine
Detailed usage :
PrintHeaders.deploy.cmd [/T|/Y] [/M:ComputerName] [/U:UserName] [/P:Password] [/G:UseTempAgent] [Additional msdeploy.exe flags ...]
Please refer to : PrintHeaders.deploy-readme.txt for more information.
Fig. After running deploy command, the IIS folder should look like above.
How to Test :