CUSTOMIZATION OF THE DAY: Improved "AutoSuggest"
Good afternoon people,
Returning to active today did a little customization in the SDM tool that enhances the operation of the resource 'autosuggest' which is used to suggest records in fields 'lookup' in editing and search forms for the user-fill.
This customization allows 03 improvements in tool:
1) In all forms, suggestions displayed in all fields use the criterion "contains" instead of native criterion "start with";
2) Edit forms, suggestions displayed in the "Group" are related to the contact entered in the "Assignee", and vice versa. Natively, this only occurs in the "Assignee" field;
3) In all forms, the tips displayed in the field "Affected Service" and "Configuration Item" will take into account existing information in the "system_name" beyond the standard field "name". Natively, only the field "name" is considered the suggestions.
HOW TO USE?
- This customization involves modification of the file "autosuggest.js" to be stored in "$ NX_ROOT \ site \ mods \ www \ wwwroot \ scripts" folder.
- The cache of the user's browser needs to be cleaned so that the new version of the lib to take effect.
- This customization can be easily adapted to have different behaviors according to the type of form (editing / search) involved and the type of attribute.
To the next.
publish originally: January 5 of 2016 18:34
from: CA SDM Brasil - facebook