To: CA Configuration Automation Customers
From: The CA Technologies Configuration Automation Product Team
Subject: End of Service Announcement for Configuration Automation 12.8 0000 and 12.8 SP01
CA Technologies is continually working to improve our software and services to best meet the needs of our customers. In accordance with the CA Support Policy and Terms (https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/anonymous/phpsupcontent?contentID=213326), please consider this email your written notification that we are discontinuing support for CA Configuration Automation 12.8 0000 and 12.8 SP01 on January 31, 2017. This will allow our Development organization to more effectively focus its resources and add value to the next release of CA Configuration Automation.
At this time, we encourage you to plan for the migration to CA Configuration Automation 12.8 SP03 as soon as possible, so you can take full advantage of the features and enhancements this Service Pack has to offer. For information on CA Configuration Automation, please visit the CA Configuration Automation pages at CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com).
As CA Technologies would like to make your upgrade to CA Configuration Automation 12.8 SP03 as straightforward as possible, we are offering the following:
- A no-charge software upgrade from 12.8 0000 and 12.8 SP01 to 2.8 SP03 as long as you have an active maintenance contract for CA Configuration Automation.
- Documentation to help you prepare for your upgrade to 12.8 SP03 can be viewed on the CA Configuration Automation pages at CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/).
- Consulting services from CA Services for any or all parts of the upgrade, including analysis of the current system, preparation for the upgrade, testing, and performing the upgrade itself. Please visit www.ca.com/services.
- Assistance from qualified local CA partners with any or all parts of the upgrade, including analysis of the current system, preparation for the upgrade, testing, and performing the upgrade itself. For more information and a list of partners in your area, please contact your local CA Channel Partner Group office, (http://www.ca.com/partners.aspx).
- CA Extended Support, a CA Technologies support offering, designed to extend support for CA Technologies software product versions or releases that have reached End of Service. CA Extended Support will be available for a maximum of a 12-month term if contracted within 6 months of the End of Service Date. Please visit our website, CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/), for more information.
Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership with you.