Hi Infrastructure Management Community,
As promised I am providing the items used to build the IBM XiV dashboard that was presented during the CA on CA Webcast Featuring CA Unified Infrastructure Management https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-infrastructure-management/blog/2016/02/10/webcast-recap-ca-on-ca-featuring-ca-unified-infrastructure-management-uim.
Provided in the attached zipped file are
- The snmpget probe configuration file snmpget.cfg
- We did this before Self Certification was available in the snmpcollector probe. Time permitting we will go back and redo this with self-certification
- You will note that there is a template defined for XiV called cait-ibm-xiv-defaults
- Define your XiV devices with a working community string
- Apply the cait-ibm-xiv-defaults template
- Note we define custom QoS (under QoS stanza) and alarms:
- § alarms for failed disks
- § device state is not Full Redundancy which based on my understanding means there is a rebuild taking place (not an XiV expert by any stretch)
- The lists that were shown in the dashboard under the ListViewer folder. These can be easily imported using the List Designer portlet using the Import option which is available on the Open screen. Note that there are host restrictions applied to some of the lists, you will need to modify them to match the names of your domain controllers
- XIV Utilization Summary.xml
- The performance report is available under the PerformanceReportsDesigner folder. This can be easily imported using the Performance Reports Designer portlet using the Import option which is available on the Open screen. Note that we use filters to create our reports, you will need to modify the filters to match the names of your domain controllers.
- IBM XIV IOPS Performance.xml
- I have not included a LAR file for this however once you import the Lists and Performance Reports you can add them to a page in UIM and arrange them to your liking. Remember to use the wrench > Preferences > Select your report> Select your time period (we use last hour) > click Save to pick your report or list after adding the relevant portlet to your page.
Disclaimer: I work for CA Technologies in the IT department in the Tools and Automation Group. I am not a product manager or product developer and has such cannot provide product insight beyond what is in the publicly available documentation.