This document gives an overview about the different scenarios of using Reporting with CA Service Operations Insight 4.0 CU1/SP2.
Please follow the links for detailed information.
SOI 4.0 CU1/SP2 with JasperReports
When upgrading the SOI system to SOI 4.0 CU1/SP2, JasperReports is the only fully supported reporting system.
See here for details of the installation: Install CABI (BusinessObjects) - CA Service Operations Insight - 4.0 CU1, SP2 - CA Technologies Documentation.
The default installation method „With CABI JasperReports Server“ will guide you through a complete installation consisting of the following components:
- JDK 1.8
- Tomcat 7.0.68
- definition of Environment Variables (JAVA_HOME and PATH)
- TIBCO JasperReports Server v6.1.0 (using MS-SQL Database)
- SOI Reports
If you want to use
- a different version of JDK (JasperReports supports JDK 1.7 and 1.8)
- a different version of Tomcat (JasperReports supports Tomcat 7 and 8)
- a different database (JasperReports supports MS-SQL, MySQL, Oracle 11g R2 and PostgreSQL)
you have to select the installation method „Without CABI JasperReports Server“.
In this case you have to go through the manual installation of above listed components prior to installing the SOI Reports on the JasperReports server.
SOI 4.0 CU1/SP2 with BusinessObjects
If you want to continue using your reporting environment based on BusinessObjects InfoView, you can do so with a limited set of functionality (see here: Known Issues - 4.0 CU1 - CA Service Operations Insight - 4.0 CU1, SP2 - CA Technologies Documentation ):
- The „Reports“ link on the SOI UI will work to point to the main login page of InfoView (see here for configuration: Configure CA SOI Reports for CABI BusinessObjects - CA Service Operations Insight - 4.0 CU1, SP2 - CA Technologies Docum…)
- The direct links from the charts (Risk, Quality, Availability, SLAs) will NOT work.
- Users will NOT be synchronized from SOI to BusinessObjects, e.g. they have to be updated manually (see here: Add Report Users Manually - CA Service Operations Insight - 4.0 CU1, SP2 - CA Technologies Documentation )
- Single Sign-on can NOT be configured for CABI BusinessObjects InfoView.
- Custom Reports will NOT be available (more info will follow about migrating Custom Reports).
Please add comments if you want to get information about different scenarios.