Document ID: TEC606597
Last Modified Date: 5/19/2015
- CA Application Performance Management
- CA Introscope
- CA Application Performance Management:Release:9.1.1
- CA Application Performance Management:Release:CA APM 9.5
- CA Application Performance Management:Release:9.1.7
- CA Application Performance Management:Release:9.1.6
- CA Application Performance Management:Release:9.1.5
- CA Application Performance Management:Release:9.1.4
- WILY INTROSCOPE
- INTROSCOPE AGENT
- ENTERPRISE MANAGER
- JAVA AGENTS
- APPLICATION PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
This article discusses how to set up the Introscope Agent with JBoss 6 EAP and see JMX metrics. Please note that instructions for JBoss 7 AS differ and are addressed in a separate Technical Document.
Configure JBoss 6 EAP in Domain mode
To configure an agent with JBoss EAP 6 with JVM 1.6 in domain mode at a server or server group level
Follow these steps:
- Log in to the JBoss Management Console. For example, http://<Hostname>:9990.
- To select a server group or an individual server, select the Hosts tab and click Server Group or Server Configurations.
- Add Agent.jar in the JVM Options field under the JVM configurations tab.
- Click the System properties tab.
- Click Add and add the name and value of the system property in the Create System Property dialog and select the Boot-Time check box.
Note: The following name and value of the system properties must be included:
- com.wily.introscope.agentProfile: <Wily Home>/core/config/IntroscopeAgent.profile
- jboss.modules.system.pkgs: com.wily, com.wily.*
To enable Agent Auto Naming
- Select the Runtime tab
- Click Manage Deployments
- Add the WebAppSupport.jar
- Assign it to the server group.
2. Restart the domain.sh/bat file to view the configuration changes. The Agent should appear in the Investigator.