To: CA OPS/MVS® Event Management and Automation Customers
From: The CA Technologies CA OPS/MVS® Event Management and Automation Product Team
Subject: General Availability Announcement for Complete Release of CA OPS/MVS® Event Management and Automation
On behalf of CA Technologies, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative
software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of
our products. Today, we are pleased to announce that the ‘complete’ release for CA OPS/MVS® Event Management and Automation (CA OPS/MVS) 12.3 0000 is now available. The incremental release program for CA OPS/MVS 12.3 INC00 has formally concluded. All new features and maintenance introduced during the program have been incorporated into this
‘complete’ release for CA OPS/MVS 12.3 0000.
New features for CA OPS/MVS 12.3 0000 include:
- System State Manager Policy Based Resource Management – Allows resources to be monitored based on CA
recommended policies. Users can also define their own unique resource policies to match their company’s environment.
- System State Managers new ISPF Panels – Allows users to manage resource definitions and rules from a
- Improved Automated Resource Discovery – First time users of System State Manager can have the system automatically detect and define resources running on your system for quicker implementation.
- Various System State Manager Improvements
- Resource Grouping – Allow groups of resources to be started and stopped via a single command
- Resource Startup and Shutdown Time Limits – Ability to define the amount of time a resource should be in transition states before flagging for notification
- Resource Restart Limits – Ability to define the number of times a resource can abend restart before flagging for notification
- Resource Staging Table – Resources can be staged offline and moved into active tables when appropriate
- Resource Verification – Resource definition errors can be flagged when they do not meet requirements
- Additional OPSLOG variables – OJOBNAME, CART, and CARTX
- Sysplex Variable Backup and Restore
- REXX Address Environment for CA Workload Automation ESP Edition
We also encourage you to visit the CA OPS/MVS product information page on the CA Support Online website at https://support.ca.com/ for more information.
You can download your copy of CA OPS/MVS 12.3 0000 from CA Support Online https://support.ca.com/. If you have any
questions or require assistance contact CA Customer Care online at http://www.ca.com/us/customer-care.aspx where you can submit an online request using the Customer Care web form: https://communities.ca.com/web/guest/customercare. You can also call CA Customer Care at +1-800-225-5224 in North America or see http://www.ca.com/phone for the local number in your country.
We recommend that you use CA Chorus™ Software Manager (CA CSM) (formerly known as CA Mainframe Software
Manager™ (CA MSM)) to download and install CA OPS/MVS. CA CSM is designed to automate product acquisition, installation, deployment, configuration and maintenance and remove SMP/E complexities. CA CSM helps save time and resources when compared with the manual steps used to perform these tasks. CA OPS/MVS can be used with CA CSM today. Please visit: https://support.ca.com/prodinfo/csm to learn more about the new features provided by CA CSM.
Should you need any assistance in understanding these new features, or implementing this latest release, our CA
Services experts can help. For more information on CA Services and how you can leverage our expertise, please visitwww.ca.com/services. To connect, learn and share with other customers, join and participate in our CA
OPS/MVS CA Community at https://communities.ca.com/.
To review our CA Technologies Support Policy and Terms, please visit: https://support.ca.com/.
Thank you again for your business.