Document ID: TEC1405477
Last Modified Date: 10/07/2016
Hide Technical Document Details
- CA Unified Infrastructure Management
- CA Unified Infrastructure Management:Release:8.4
- CA Unified Infrastructure Management:Release:8.31
- CA Unified Infrastructure Management:Release:8.2
- CA Unified Infrastructure Management:Release:8.1
- CA Unified Infrastructure Management:Release:8.0
- CA Unified Infrastructure Management:Release:7.6
- CA Unified Infrastructure Management:Release:7.5
- UNIFIED INFRASTRUCTURE MGMT:CAUIM
- UIM - USAGE_METERING/BILLING:UIMUSM
- UIM - UMP:UIMUMP
This Knowledge Base Article provides a guide and troubleshooting checklist for analyzing some of the most common UMP/USM performance issues such as slow response time, slow USM loading, slow alarm view loading, pages loading indefinitely, slow data retrieval, and other slow performance response and delay-related issues.
Note that a ‘generally acceptable’ response time for UMP/USM is 0-10 seconds. This range is based on Support and customer feedback. If loading USM consistently takes more than 10 seconds then please run through the following checklist items.
It is HIGHLY recommended that customers work with CA Support personnel to discuss and work through any steps in this document instead of doing this on your own. This applies to applying hotfixes, running queries or any other tasks outlined in the .pdf.
Applicable to UMP/USM performance/response time issues.
UIM/UMP 7.5 or higher
(Note that this guide needs updating). If you need further assistance improving UMP/USM performance please open a support case as well.