CA Technologies is pleased to announce the General Availability of CA Unified Infrastructure Management (CA UIM) 8.47. CA UIM 8.47 is a minor release that includes powerful new features that deliver additional flexibility, improve your user experience, and integrate more tightly with CA Spectrum.
We recommend this release for all CA UIM installations so that users can take advantage of new features and enhancements, in addition to critical bug fixes.
The 8.47 update and links to the user documentation are available on the CA UIM support site at HERE.
We strongly recommended reviewing the release documentation available at the above link so that you are aware of any upgrade or data migration requirements that could be applicable to your environments. (Customers requiring German and Korean localization should read the release notes prior to performing an upgrade.)
The key updates included in CA Unified Infrastructure Management 8.47 are:
New Cloud Dashboards based on CA Business Intelligence (CABI):
- Easily visualize Key Performance Indicators for availability, performance, and usage for key hybrid cloud technologies.
- New out-of-the box dashboards for Cloud Probes and SAP, including:
- Amazon AWS: Visualize nine key services for powerful insight into performance of your workflows running on the leading cloud platform.
- Nutanix: Visibility into the health and availability of Nutanix’s hyperconverged infrastructure for enterprise datacenters.
- Docker: Quick summary information about the health and usage of Docker hosts, images, and containers.
- OpenStack: Insight into compute nodes, availability zones, and instances, as well as alarm distribution and service state.
- SAP: Summary, Application, Utilization and Database Dashboards.
- Provides flexible tools to easily modify the dashboards provided or for the creation of new, custom dashboards that are tailored to meet user’s specific needs.
Admin Console Redesign:
- Fully integrated into CA UIM 8.47 as the standard web-based administration tool.
- Provides intuitive, robust infrastructure configuration capable of scaling to meet the needs of large customers and environments.
- Allows users to efficiently deploy probes to a large numbers of UIM Robots.
- Contains a simple and intuitive UI for your administration needs.
- Ideally suited for large-scale deployments and DevOps environments.
- Is both easy to learn and aesthetically pleasing.
Updated and New MCS Templates:
The following MCS templates have been updated or added in this version of CA UIM:
Bidirectional Integration Between CA UIM and CA Spectrum
The new Spectrum Gateway (spectrumgtw) probe provides a tight integration between CA UIM and CA Spectrum.
- Enables bidirectional inventory sync between CA UIM and CA Spectrum, allowing for monitoring and troubleshooting with a single solution.
- Enables alarm sync between CA UIM and CA Spectrum. Alarm sync can be configured to sync alarms bidirectionally, or unidirectionally from either UIM to Spectrum or Spectrum to UIM.
- Enables ticket-ID sync. For customers using Service Desk integrations, the ticket ID generated in either CA Spectrum or CA UIM will be synced to enable ticket visibility and usage from both systems. We recommend enabling the Service Desk integration in a single tool (either CA Spectrum or CA UIM) to achieve optimum results.