In today's Q&A, we'll guide you through the resolution of several CA PPM issues we've seen crop up from time to time, like why you might get the "invalid relational operator" in GEL and how to handle a resource rate that varies by investment type.
We also have five new releases available from the regoXchange in our Countdown to CA World 2016, including the deck for a Resource Management Course and free quick reference cards for Accessing Resources and Creating Custom Filters, Adding Resource Skills, Configuring the Resource List, and Managing Resource Allocations. The whole list is here.
Several additional free trainings and events, like a half-day of Portfolio Management help and regoUniversity technical, functional, and governance training for CA PPM, are at the bottom of this Q&A.
1. Why are my Relational Operators (in SQL inside GEL) invalid?
2. How can we set up the Rate Matrix to account for resources whose rates vary by investment?
3. How do you Remove ETC from an "Effort Task"?
4. Can we re-order Input Controls?
5. How do you get the "Relative Date" in an Input Control?
Please feel free to comment on any alternative answers you've found.
We love your input (always).
1. I know this used to work, but I’m getting an “invalid relational operator” error in GEL when trying to do a simple query using a "less than" sign. It’s inside CDATA tags. Version 14.3. Thoughts??
Remember the escapeText=”false”
2. We have a resource whose rate varies by investment. Is there a way to handle this in the Rate Matrix? We don’t have Investment as an option in the Default matrix. What config(s) should we change/update to get Investment included in the rate matrix?
Add investment in the rate matrix. Simply open the Rate Matrix and from the Assign Columns tab, select Investment > Add > Save.
|4. Is there a way to re-order Input Controls?|
5. Built in function in BO doesn’t appear to be in Jaspersoft. Curious if anyone has built the input control in JS and the logic in the query yet?
There is relative date on there. On the date it has a small tool tip saying if you put ‘WEEK’ it will get the relative date.
Attendance for half-day classes in Jaspersoft or Portfolio Management are Free and Limited. Reserve your seat here.
Rego is releasing 50 CA PPM training items from the regoXchange to celebrate the Countdown to CA World!
This week you can download a Resource Management Course deck and quick reference cards (QRCs) for Accessing Resources and Creating Custom Filters, Adding Resource Skills, Configuring the Resource List, and Managing Resource Allocations.
CampIT in Dallas, TX: Nov 2-3, 2016.
CA World in Las Vegas, NV: Nov 14-18, 2016.
regoUniversity 2017 at La Cantera Resort & Spa - San Antonio, TX: April 23-27, 2017.
Receive hands-on CA PPM Training with hundreds of companies who use the tool daily. Click here for Early Bird Pricing.