This article was originally published in the CA PPM 15.1 Documentation.
Out of the box, the New User Experience is not available from Classic CA PPM. However, administrators can use Classic CA PPM to create a menu link using external object actions. As a result, users can access the New User Experience from Classic CA PPM.
Follow these steps:
1. Open Administration, and from Studio, choose Objects.
2. Click the Project object.
3. Click the Actions tab and choose New.
4. On the Create Action page, which is shown in the following image, create an external object action.
5. Open Administration, and from Studio, choose Menu Manager.
6. In the list, click Application Menu.
7. On the Menu: Application Menu - Menu Hierarchy page, click Add at the bottom of the page to create a menu link and associate the external object action with the menu link.
8. On the Menu: Application Menu - Create Menu Item page, choose the Action Link option, and click Next.
9. On the Menu: Application Menu - Menu Item Properties page, which is shown in the following image, create the menu link.
10. Log out of Classic CA PPM and log back in.
11. As shown in the following image, you see the new menu link on the menu that you specified. Click the menu link to display the New User Experience.
For more information about the CA PPM New User Experience view the CA PPM Documentation.