=== Jenkins CA Agile Central Publisher ===
Author: CA Technologies
This plugin posts build information from the Jenkins and posts it to CA Agile Central.
== Description ==
This plugin posts build information to CA Agile Central from Jenkins. It posts the build status, name, and id to a specified workspace and project. It also associates any change sets found from configured version control systems with the appropriate build in CA Agile Central.
== Installation ==
To install this plugin in Jenkins:
1. In the Jenkins interface navigate to Manage Jenkins > Manage Plugins.
2. Select the Advanced tab.
3. In the Upload Plugin section click Choose File then select the ruby-runtime-plugin-0.14.hpi
4. Click the Upload button.
5. Jenkins should take you to the status screen, which shows the plugin installing.
6. Now install the Jenkins CA Agile Central Publisher plugin following the same steps as above.
7. Navigate to the Manage Plugins screen and click the Advanced tab.
8. In the Upload Plugin section click Choose File then select the agile-central-build-publisher-1.0.1.hpi
9. Jenkins should take you to the status screen, which shows the plugin installing.
10. You may need to restart Jenkins.
Note: the order of steps is important. If agile-central-build-publisher is uploaded prior to ruby-runtime-plugin Jenkins will automatically install 0.12 version of ruby-runtime plugin available to it instead of the necessary 0.14 version.
== Configuration ==
1. In the Jenkins web interface, go to Manage Jenkins -> System Configuration.
2. In the CA Agile Central Publisher section, complete the following fields:
CA Agile Central Server: Enter rally1.rallydev.com in the text box. If you are evaluating CA Agile Central, enter trial.rallydev.com. If you are running an On-Premises instance, enter the name of your CA Agile Central server.
CA Agile Central User and CA Agile Central Password: The username and password for a CA Agile Central user with access to the workspace in which you want to publish Jenkins build results.
Proxy Server: The name or IP address of the proxy server.
Proxy Port: The port number to use on the proxy server.
Proxy Username(optional): A valid username for the proxy server, if it requires authentication.
Proxy Password(optional): A valid password for the proxy server, if it requires authentication.
Any free-style or maven2 job in Jenkins can be configured to publish to a BuildDefinition in CA Agile Central. Every project in CA Agile Central has one or more BuildDefinitions that can be used to publish a build status indicator.
1. Go to the Jenkins job you want to configure to publish build results to CA Agile Central, then click Configure in the upper-left.
2. In the Post-build Actions section of the page, ensure that the CA Agile Central Publisher checkbox is selected.
3. In the CA Agile Central Publisher section of the page, enter the name of the workspace and project in which the build results are to be published.
4. Click Save on the configuration page.
You should now see the build status indicator in the CA Agile Central projects ( upper-right corner ) displayed as green for successful builds and red for failing builds.