Problem: The capman_da probe was unable to upload the csv files generated in 2017 into the Data Manager database pre-staging tables.
Reason: If you partitioned the CCC database as explained in the CCC 2.94 documentation,
the partitioning interval will prevent the 2017 csv files from entering the Data Manager pre-staging tables.
Solution: Use the attached script to update the partition interval. Follow these steps:
- Ensure that there is no staging, migration or rollup process in progress.
- Log in to the Data Manager and go to Configuration Settings.
- Select Global Parameters.
- Make a note of the value currently set for the NUMBER_DAYS_PRESTAGE_DATA_RETAINED parameter. Then set this parameter to the number of days the files are old. For example, if the files are a month old, set the parameter to 31.
- Open the configuration window of the capman_da probe, and go to data_output_setup.
- Make a note of the value currently set for the cleanup_archive_interval_in_days parameter. Then set this parameter to the number of days the files are old.
- Go to the Services panel and stop the Apache Tomcat service.
- Open SQL Developer and connect to the DM/CCC database.
- Copy and paste the script into SQL Developer, and execute it.
- Go to the Services panel and start the Apache Tomcat service.
- Use the following query to verify that the interval has been updated. The interval should now be updated to 10.
"select * from PARTITION_TABLES where table_name='PRE_STAGING_ENTITY_METRICS';"
After the files have been successfully uploaded, perform the following actions:
- Stage and migrate uploaded data.
- Once the data is successfully uploaded to staging and migration tables, reset NUMBER_DAYS_PRESTAGE_DATA_RETAINED in the Data Manager and cleanup_archive_interval_in_days in the capman_da probe to their previous values.