This customization is presented as is and was not tested well. Use it at your own risk.
Please remember! Any kind of SPEL customization can cause performance/stability issue which is not responded by CA Support: https://communities.ca.com/docs/DOC-231156196#comment-233917142
What is this
This method is seeking for lookup and hier fields, then determine all related fields. Once parent field being changed, script performing ajax query to fetch all related values (exception: nr associated fields).
1. Register new WebEngine OP (more info about Webengine OPs: SPEL: Register custom webengine OP)
- Open $NX_ROOT\site\mods\www\op_custom.cfg;
- Add followed string to end (before footer message) of the config file:
Z_BACKFILL z_backfill MODIFY UPDATE
- Save file;
- Copy z_backfill.spl as: $NX_ROOT\site\mods\www\z_backfill.spl;
- Recycle WebEngine to apply changes.
2. Register HTMPL file
- Copy z_backfill.htmpl as $NX_ROOT\site\mods\www\htmpl\web\analyst\z_backfill.htmpl;
- Add followed line to enable backfilling on selected form (such as detail_cr.htmpl, detail_iss.htmpl, etc):
Line should be inserted between <head></head> and <script></script> HTML tags;
- Reset Webcache;
- jQuery alias fixed;