June 19, 2017
CA Datacom Customers
The CA Technologies CA Datacom Team
Extension of Support Announcement for CA Ideal for CA Datacom 14.0 for z/OS and CA IPC 14.0 for z/OS
CA Technologies is continually working to improve our software and services to best meet the needs of our customers. Support for CA Ideal for CA Datacom and CA IPC was previously scheduled to be discontinued December 31, 2017. In an ongoing effort to increase value to our customers, we are pleased to announce the extension of support for CA Ideal for CA Datacom and CA IPC 14.0 until December 31, 2018.
At this time, we encourage you to plan for the migration to the latest version of CA Ideal for CA Datacom and CA IPC as soon as possible, so you can take full advantage of the latest new features and enhancements CA Ideal for CA Datacom and CA IPC Version 15.1 has to offer. CA Ideal for CA Datacom and CA IPC 15.1 became Generally Available in April 13, 2016. For additional information, please visit the CA Datacom product pages at CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/).
As CA technologies would like to help make your upgrade to CA Ideal for CA Datacom and IPC 15.1 as straightforward and successful as possible, we offer the following:
- The latest supported Version/Release of CA Ideal for CA Datacom and CA IPC, at no charge, as long as you have an active maintenance contract for CA Ideal for CA Datacom.
- Documentation to help you prepare for your upgrade to the new Version/Release can be viewed on the CA Ideal for CA Datacom pages at CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/).
- Accelerated time-to-value when you engage CA Services to assist you with any or all parts of your upgrade. CA Support complements our services team by providing upgrade support services to help ensure your success. Upgrade support services provides 24x7 access to CA Support and direct access during business hours to a designated support resource who will provide support on the End of Service version from upgrade start to finish, and for 30 days after your upgrade is complete. Additional information can be found in Seven Strategies for Successful Upgrade and Upgrade Services available on www.ca.com/services. Please contact your CA account representative to receive a quote for such services.
- Upgrade assistance from qualified local CA partners. For more information and a list of partners in your area, please contact your local CA Channel Partner Group office, (http://www.ca.com/partners.html).
- CA Extended Support, a CA Technologies support offering, that extends support for CA Technologies software product versions or releases that have reached End of Service. CA Extended Support may be available for a limited time after the End of Service date. Please note however, that in most cases CA upgrade services will provide a more cost effective and valued approach than CA Extended Support alone. Please visit our website, CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/) for more information.
If you have any questions regarding the support schedule, please contact CA Datacom Technical Support at CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/). Our Technical Support Lifecycle Policy is also available at this site.
Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership with you.
[PBTD1]Does this apply?