Published 14 July 2017
- After upgrading the XenApp probe to 1.20 it cannot connect to the Citrix XenApp server.
- When clicking test the error “An unexpected exception occurred while testing the resource. Please retry your test.” is received
- Have verified all pre-requisite configurations have been made
- kerberos is configured
- WinRM is configured
- the following is seen in the XenApp probe log at level 3
Error, Get-XAFarm: No connection could be established with "net.tcp: //************: 2513 / Citrix / XenAppCommandsRemoting". The connection attempt has lasted for a period of 00: 00: 03.0420585. TCP Error Code 10061: A connection could not be established because the target computer denied the connection ***.***.***.***:2513.
- The XenApp probe requires the "Citrix XenApp Commands Remoting" service to be running on the Citrix XenApp Server.
- This service tries to download the certification revocation list from Microsoft and if it does not succeed in a timely manner it will not start.
- If the XenApp server does not have internet access then this service will never start
- Enable internet access on the XenApp Server
- Create a file called "Citrix.XenApp.Commands.Remoting.Service.exe.config" with the following contents:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<generatePublisherEvidence enabled="false" />
Copy this file into: "C:\Program Files\Citrix\XenApp Commands" (assumes default install path)
Restart the "Citrix XenApp Commands Remoting" service