CA Single Sign-On (formerly named CA SiteMinder®)
August 15, 2017
To: CA Single Sign-On Customers
From: The CA Technologies Single Sign-On Product Team
Subject: End of Service Announcement for CA Single Sign-On r12.52 (includes all Service Packs and Cumulative Releases)
CA Technologies is continually working to improve our software and services to best meet the needs of our customers. In accordance with the CA Support Policy and Terms available at https://support.ca.com, please consider this email your written notification that we are discontinuing technical support for CA Single Sign-on 12.52 (including all Service Packs and Cumulative Releases) effective February 28, 2019. This will allow our Development organization to more effectively focus its resources and add value to the next release of CA Single Sign-On.
At this time, we encourage you to plan for the migration to CA Single Sign-On 12.7 or later versions as soon as possible, so you can take full advantage of the features and enhancements this release has to offer. For information on CA Single Sign-On, please visit the CA Single Sign-On pages at CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com).
Between now and February 28, 2019, CA will be releasing additional certifications and cumulative releases as noted in the CA SSO Fix Strategy statement available on the product’s support page. We will not be releasing new functionality.
End of Service Products
This End of Service plan refers to CA Single Sign-On which includes these components:
- Policy Server
- Administration application/UI
- Policy Server SDK (Policy Server APIs only)
- CA Single Sign-On Access Gateway (previously Secure Proxy Server)
- CA Single Sign-On Advanced Password ServicesThis End of Service notification does not cover any currently supported versions of the following products:
- Web Agent Option Pack (CA Federation as deployed on CA Single Sign-On)
- CA Federation as deployed in its standalone format
- CA Single Sign-On Agent for Oracle
- CA Single Sign-On Agent for PeopleSoft
- CA Single Sign-On Agent for SAP WebAS
- CA Single Sign-On Agent for Siebel
- CA Single Sign-On Agent for WebLogic
- CA Single Sign-On Agent for WebSphere
- CA Single Sign-On Agent for WebSphere for Linux on System z
- CA Single Sign-On Agent for WebSphere for z/OS
- [Note: End of Service Plans for these CA Single Sign-On Family components will be subject to their own End of Service notifications]
As CA Technologies would like to make your upgrade to CA SS0 12.7 or later versions as straightforward as possible, we are offering the following:
- The latest supported Version/Release of CA Single Sign-On, at no charge, as long as you have an active maintenance contract for CA SSO. Documentation to help you prepare for your upgrade to the new Version/Release can be viewed in the upgrade guide of on-line technical information available via the product home page on CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/).
- Accelerated time-to-value when you engage CA Services to assist you with any or all parts of your upgrade. CA Support complements our services team by providing upgrade support services to help ensure your success. Upgrade support services provides 24x7 access to CA Support and direct access during business hours to a designated support resource who will provide support on the End of Service version from upgrade start to finish, and for 30 days after your upgrade is complete. Additional information can be found in Seven Strategies for Successful Upgrade and Upgrade Services available on www.ca.com/services. Please contact your CA account representative to receive a quote for such services.
- Upgrade assistance from qualified local CA partners. For more information and a list of partners in your area, please contact your local CA Channel Partner Group office, (http://www.ca.com/us/partners.html).
- CA Extended Support, a CA Technologies support offering, that extends support for CA Technologies software product versions or releases that have reached End of Service. CA Extended Support will be available until February 28,2020. Please note however, that in most cases CA upgrade services will provide a more cost effective and valued approach than CA Extended Support alone. Please visit our website, CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/) for more information.