What this Guide Covers:
Platform Support Matrix
This guide will guide you installing the software on JasperReport Server 6.2 on Windows 2012. Linked TECDOC: JasperReport Server 6.2 Install on Windows 2012 with Integration with CA Identity Manager 12.6.8
Tomcat 7 (Download link: Apache Tomcat® - Apache Tomcat 7 Software Downloads )
Java JDK 1.8.0_111 (Download link: Java Archive Downloads - Java SE 8 )
JasperReport Server 6.2
For simplicity, I am going to put everything in the root directory of the C:\ drive.
Tomcat 7 would be located in C:\Tomcat7
Java would be located in C:\Java\jdk1.8.0_111
After the install for JasperReport Server 6.2 from the CA Support website, move the zip folder onto your Desktop. Extract the folder contents and change the folder name to CABI. (Note: The reason this is done is because the installer complains about the folder name being too long)
Afterwards, navigate to the folder ...\CABI_JasperReports_Server_6_2_Windows\ca_install.
In this folder you should have 2 types of files:
sample.properties and sample_Oracle.properties
This is what determines if you should use MS SQL Server or Oracle Database 11g or 12c.
In this example, we are going to use sample.properties for our MS SQL Server 2012. I have attached a sample one onto the document to use. please replace information in <BRACKETS> to your reqested information to have the installer proceed successfully.
In the same folder run this command: install.bat -r CA_sample.properties -l <<install.log>>
This will install the JasperReport Server product for you.
Configuring JasperReport Server 6.2 for use with CA Identity Manager
Once the product is installed, perform the following steps using the CA Business Intelligence JasperReports® Server UI:
Note: The navigation mentioned in the following procedure is applicable for Jaspersoft version 6.2 only.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to the CA Business Intelligence JasperReports® Server UI as a Superuser.
- Create an organization with name as IAM.
- Navigate to Manage, Organizations.
- Under root organization, create an organization with name as IAM
- Create a user under the newly created organization.
- Navigate to Manage, Users.
- Select the newly created IAM organization.
- Click Add User.
- Specify the user details.
- Click Add User to IAM.
- Import the CA Identity Manager Reports zip file. The reports zip file is available in the following location, depending upon the CA Identity Manager Report database type:
<CA_Identity_Manager_Install_Home>\IAM Suite\Identity Manager\tools\imrexport\ReportDefinitions\IM Standard Reports\Ms-SQL_Reports
- Navigate to Manage, Server Settings.
- Under Settings, click Import.
- Click Choose File to select the appropriate zip file from your local computer.
- Click Import.
You can import the reports zip file using a command-line utility also. See the following section for details.
- Set the permissions to the newly created user.
- Navigate to View, Repository, root, Organizations, IAM.
- Right-click the IAM folder and click Permissions.
- In the Permissions dialog, click User.
- Select Read+Write+Delete permission for the user created under IAM organization.
- Click Apply.
Copy the Required Files to CA Business Intelligence JasperReports® Server
During CA Identity Manager installation, the installer creates the Jaspersoft token authentication key file (iam.jks) and the iam.properties in the following folder:
\CA\Identity Manager\IAM Suite\Identity Manager\tools\JasperKeyGen\keystore\
The installer copies these files to the following corresponding folders based on the application server type:
Follow these steps:
Copy the iam.properties file and iam.jks file to the config folder under the WEB-INF folder, in the CA Business Intelligence JasperReports® Server computer.
Specifies the name of the web application mentioned in the sample-properties file while installing the JasperReports Server.
Restart the Tomcat server in the CA Business Intelligence JasperReports® Server computer.
Possible Errors on Install / Configuration
Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is net.sf.ehcache.config.InvalidConfigurationException: There are 6 errors in your configuration:
* CacheManager configuration: You've assigned more memory to the on-heap than the VM can sustain, please adjust your -Xmx setting accordingly
In the setenv.bat file the xms and xmx may be set too high. A recommended settings would be to set it as:
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms256m -Xmx512m
License is expired
1. Go to the Jasper Reports Server
2. Go into the Tomcat Installation bin directory (Example. C:\Tomcat8\bin)
3. Execute Tomcat8w.exe
4. Add the license parameter to the Java tab as shown below: