Date: September 19th, 2017
To: CA Client Automation, CA IT Client Manager and CA IT Inventory Manager Customers
From: The CA Technologies Client Automation Product Team
Subject: General Availability Announcement for CA Client Automation 14.0 SP2
On behalf of CA Technologies, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of our products. Today, we are pleased to announce that CA Client Automation 14.0 SP2 is now available.
New features for CA Client Automation 14.0 SP2 include:
· OSIM Boot Server Move Along with Scalability Server: OSIM targets, where the agents are already installed and the OSIM Job Status is “Current”, can be moved between domain managers along with the Scalability Server. The relationship between Boot Server and target is maintained.
· UEFI Boot Inventory for Windows and Linux: CA Client Automation agents can now collect boot inventory, including UEFI version, even when the machine boots in UEFI mode.
· Periodic Inventory Refresh: A new configuration option is introduced that can be used to specify the number of inventory collection cycles before an agent collects and transports full inventory of the target system, instead of the delta inventory. This helps in reconciling the inventory data, should any delta inventory updates be lost.
· Tidying up the target machine after OS Installation: This feature provides that no unnecessary artifacts (including files, folders, data, etc. used during the installation process) are left behind on the target system after completing an OS installation. This behavior can be controlled by the boot parameter “CleanupOSIMFiles”
· Enhanced Product Installer: The product installer is enhanced to allow administrators to customize the installation or upgrade process by including any additional patches to be installed. This simplifies the installation/upgrade process.
You can download your copy of CA Client Automation 14.0 SP2 from CA Support Online https://support.ca.com/. If you have any questions or require assistance contact CA Customer Care online at http://www.ca.com/us/customer-care.aspx where you can submit an online request using the Customer Care web form: https://communities.ca.com/web/guest/customercare. You can also call CA Customer Care at +1-800-225-5224 in North America or see http://www.ca.com/phone for the local number in your country.
Should you need any assistance in understanding these new features, or implementing this latest release, our CA Services experts can help. For more information on CA Services and how you can leverage our expertise, please visit www.ca.com/services. To connect, learn and share with other customers, join and participate in our CA Client Automation CA Community at https://communities.ca.com/.
For a list of courses recommended by role, please visit the CA Learning Paths and select desired product. Note: Courses are updated based on functional impact as well as high-demand, therefore, courses created from previous releases may apply to current release.
To review CA Support lifecycle policies, please review the CA Support Policy and Terms located at: https://support.ca.com/.
Thank you again for your business.