A new Return on Investment (ROI) calculator is available under the Tools section of the Enterprise Dashboard. The calculator integrates the real-world usage statistics captured by the Enterprise Dashboard along with cost criteria provide by you to quantify the potential savings by using Service Virtualization.
The following criteria can be adjusted:
- Number of full-time development and QA engineers
- Number of defects found during the Acceptance phase of testing
- Hardware and software costs required to build a test environment if you were NOT using Service Virtualization
- Estimated revenue impact per day
- Number of days you were able to “shift-left” and release product sooner
Each criterion comes with a tooltip that explains the underlying logic we use to calculate the savings items on the right, adding up to the total Potential Annual Savings.
Here’s a breakdown of the savings calculations:
- Productivity savings (assuming 25% savings): Working days in an average year (275) x working hours in a day (8) x average hourly wage (55) x percent savings (.25) x number of engineers (sliding scale)
- Reduced defect cost (assuming 25% savings): Industry average cost to resolve defect during Acceptance testing (7136) x percent savings (.25) x number of defects identified during Acceptance testing (sliding scale)
- SW/HW savings: Cost per environment (52500) x number of environments (sliding scale)
- Time to market savings (assuming 50% savings): Potential revenue impact per day (sliding scale) x number of days saved (sliding scale) / divided by 2
Any ROI analysis is only as accurate as the data you put in. Refer to the DevTest 10.2 Release Notes and DevTest 10.2 product documentation for additional information. Contact your CA account representative for a more thorough analysis by our specialized team.
DISCLAIMER: The numbers/percentages used to calculate savings are representative of data found across CA Service Virtualization customers and various industry studies/reports. The values expressed are not a guarantee of achievable results and will vary depending upon your current infrastructure, people, and processes.