Taken from the Working with CA Support Document.
Verifying severity levels
Incidents can be submitted to CA on a 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year basis.
Due to the complexities of technical environments, the service level objectives table below represents an estimate of response times.
Severity Levels 2 through 4 will be addressed during normal business hours based on the time an incident is initially submitted online or via telephone.
Severity 1 cases will be addressed on a 24/7 basis. Outlined below are CA Support initial response time objectives based on the severity level of a newly opened case.
Service level response time objectives based on severity level:
CA Support response time objective
Service level descriptions
System down or product in an inoperative condition that is having an impact on a production environment.
2 business hours
High-impact business condition possibly endangering a production environment. The software may operate but is severely restricted.
4 business hours
Low-impact business condition with a majority of software functions still usable. However, some circumvention may be required to provide service.
1 business day
Minor problem or question that does not affect the software’s functionality.
*Severity 1 incidents may include:
- Production server or other mission critical systems are down.
- A substantial portion of mission-critical data is at a significant risk of loss or corruption.
- A substantial loss of service. ▪ Business operations have been severely disrupted.
- An incident in which the software causes catastrophic network or system failure
- An incident that compromises overall system integrity or data integrity when the software is installed or when it is in operation (i.e. system crash, loss or corruption of data or loss of system security).
- An incident that has a significant impact on ongoing operations in a production environment for which no workaround is immediately available.
It is only by placing a telephone call to CA Support that you can open a Severity 1 case or change an existing case to Severity 1. You can change the severity of any other case at any time by calling CA Support or by accessing your case record via the CA Support portal. Appropriately upgrading or downgrading a case helps CA Support prioritize services so that you receive the right response level when you need it most.
In order to maintain an incident at Severity 1 status, CA may require that you make a technical contact continuously available to CA to provide further information pertinent to the incident, as well as perform resolution testing and other activities necessary for CA to continue making progress on the incident. If you are unable to provide such a resource, CA may reduce the severity level of the incident.
Follow-the-sun progress—Severity 1 cases
Severity 1 cases progress by using a follow-the-sun (24-hour) method whenever possible. To enable continuous work and focus, your technical team may be asked to remain available to provide documentation and assistance in English. Together, you and CA Support establish a mutually agreed upon plan to address the case situation. As required by your business needs, you can request adjustments to effort levels as circumstances and diagnosis progress.