Upgrade Path Tips
As per the NFA 9.3.8 Upgrade Guide, You can upgrade directly to NFA 9.3.8 or 9.5 from a two tier 9.3.3 environment on Windows 2012 or NFA 9.3.6.
- If you are on a three tier 9.3.3 installation, you will first need to migrate from a 3 tier to 2 tier environment as following the steps in Converting From a Three-Tier to a Two-Tier Architecture - CA Network Flow Analysis - 9.3.8 - CA Technologies Documentati…
Some tips related to 3 tier to 2 tier migration script below:
- If you are on 9.3.3 on an Windows 2012 server follow the steps to migrate to 2012 below before attempting to upgrade to 9.3.8/9.5:
- If you are on an earlier version of NFA then 9.3.3 please refer to the previous upgrade path posts below:
- When upgrading ensure to run the .exe file by right clicking and selecting "Run As Administrator" as this can prevent File Permissions errors during the mysql version upgrade.
- Console Upgrade may fail with a migrator error due to database indices already being installed. My 9.3.8 Console upgrade fails with Migrator failu - CA Knowledge
- Harvester Upgrade may fail with migrator error due to issues with dropping functions. NFA 9.3.8 Harvester Migrator Failure: Frame 233 - CA Knowledge
Post Upgrade Tips
- If you previously had HTTPS configured for access to the NFA Web Page, you will need to update your configuration as per the link below:
- If you had previously migrated from a 3 Tier system to a 2 Tier system, please verify the steps in the link below:
- After Upgrading or Installing fresh you may notice that your Custom Report Emails/PDF's are missing the CA logo in the upper left hand corner, see the link below for resolution:
- After upgrading, the last flow times are not updating and interfaces won't license:
- After upgrading CA NFA Reaper Service won't start:
- NFA / CAPC Sync issues caused by timeouts fix