April 13, 2018
To: CA Single Sign-On Customers
From: The CA Technologies Single Sign-On Product Team
Subject: General Availability Announcement and End Of Service Date for CA SSO 12.8
On behalf of CA Technologies, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of our products. Today, we are pleased to announce that CA Single Sign-On (CA SSO) 12.8 is now available.
CA Single Sign-On provides secure single sign-on and flexible access management to applications on-premise, in the cloud, or at a partner’s site.
New features for CA SSO 12.8 include:
- Significant enhancements for OpenID Connect (OIDC) that improve the security, usability and ranges of applications and use cases where OIDC can be used.
- A JSON Web Token (JWT) authentication scheme that enables simpler integration with applications that use this lighter weight identity token.
- Support for JSON requests and responses when applications directly call CA SSO for authentication and authorization via the REST interfaces available on the CA Access Gateway
- Ability to create an IP whitelist of agents that will field authentication requests
- Windows 2016 support for the Policy Server, Administration UI, SDK, Access Gateway
We encourage you to visit the CA SSO product information page on the CA Support Online website at https://support.ca.com/ for more information.
You can download your copy of CA SSO 12.8 from CA Support Online https://support.ca.com/. If you have any questions or require assistance contact CA Customer Care online at http://www.ca.com/us/customer-care.aspx where you can submit an online request using the Customer Care web form: https://communities.ca.com/web/guest/customercare. You can also call CA Customer Care at +1-800-225-5224 in North America or see http://www.ca.com/phone for the local number in your country.
Should you need any assistance in understanding these new features, or implementing this latest release, our CA Services experts can help. For more information on CA Services and how you can leverage our expertise, please visit www.ca.com/services. To connect, learn and share with other customers, join and participate in our CA SSO Community at https://communities.ca.com/.
For a list of courses recommended by role, please visit the CA Learning Paths and select desired product. Note: Courses are updated based on functional impact as well as high-demand, therefore, courses created from previous releases may apply to current release.
End of Support
Additionally, we are announcing the support lifecycle for CA SSO 12.8 at the same time as the GA announcement, so that you have clear information with which to make upgrade plans as we release newer versions of the product. The mainstream support life of CA SSO 12.8 will last four years, to March 31, 2022.
Once the End of Support date is reached, provided Extended Support is available, customers can contract with CA for Extended Support for another twelve months, to March 31, 2023. Specific terms of Extended Support contracts are available from CA Support.
This End of Service notice refers to these components of CA Single Sign-On:
- Policy Server
- Administration application/UI
- Policy Server SDK (Policy Server APIs only)
- CA Single Sign-On Access Gateway (previously Secure Proxy Server)
- CA Single Sign-On Advanced Password ServicesThis End of Service notification does not cover any currently supported versions of the following products:
- Web Agents
- Web Agent SDK
- Web Agent Option Pack (CA Federation as deployed on CA Single Sign-On)
- CA Single Sign-On Agent for Oracle
- CA Single Sign-On Agent for PeopleSoft
- CA Single Sign-On Agent for SAP WebAS
- CA Single Sign-On Agent for Siebel
- CA Single Sign-On Agent for WebLogic
- CA Single Sign-On Agent for WebSphere
- CA Single Sign-On Agent for WebSphere for Linux on System z
- CA Single Sign-On Agent for WebSphere for z/OS
- [Note: End of Service Plans for these CA Single Sign-On Family components will be subject to their own End of Service notifications]
As we have done recently, CA plans to continue to release newer versions of CA SSO at a regular pace and encourage you, as you plan your migrations, to upgrade to the most current version of CA SSO available at the time of your upgrade. In support of your upgrades we are offering the following:
- The latest supported Version/Release of CA Single Sign-On, at no charge, as long as you have an active maintenance contract for CA SSO. Documentation to help you prepare for your upgrade to the new Version/Release can be viewed in the upgrade guide of on-line technical information available via the product home page on CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/).
- Accelerated time-to-value when you engage CA Services to assist you with any or all parts of your upgrade. CA Support complements our services team by providing upgrade support services to help ensure your success. Upgrade support services provides 24x7 access to CA Support and direct access during business hours to a designated support resource who will provide support on the End of Service version from upgrade start to finish, and for 30 days after your upgrade is complete. Additional information can be found in Seven Strategies for Successful Upgrade and Upgrade Services available on www.ca.com/services. Please contact your CA account representative to receive a quote for such services.
- Upgrade assistance from qualified local CA partners. For more information and a list of partners in your area, please contact your local CA Channel Partner Group office, (http://www.ca.com/us/partners.html).
- CA Extended Support, a CA Technologies support offering, that extends support for CA Technologies software product versions or releases that have reached End of Service. Please note however, that in most cases CA upgrade services will provide a more cost effective and valued approach than CA Extended Support alone. Please visit our website, CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/) for more information.
To review CA Support lifecycle policies, please review the CA Support Policy and Terms located at: https://support.ca.com/.
Thank you again for your business