CA product documentation has moved from PDF files and Bookshelves to an online wiki-like format called DocOps. Orientation in DocOps has its specifics compared to PDF, as it is an online format and the delivering vehicle is the internet browser of your choice. From time to time we hear that the search capabilities of our DocOps platform are somewhat limited compared to PDFs with an index search. The DocOps platform is a collaborative environment that brings the following benefits:
- online documentation - reachable by anyone with Internet access, always using the same link: docops.ca.com/caitsd.
- frequent updates - small updates are published right away and you always have access to the most up-to-date version.
- instantaneous feedback – ask questions or point out inaccuracies using the Comments section at the bottom of each page.
- PDF export – export the entire documentation set to PDF, a specific section (for example, Installing) or even a specific page.
We would love to hear about how you use the DocOps platform.
For those of you who prefer using a collection of PDFs with an index search, download the attached zip file with the CA InterTest and CA SymDump 11.0 documentation and let us know about your user experience.
Thank you very much!
Petr Vacula, InterTest and SymDump Product Owner, Petr.Vacula@ca.com
- The DocOps search box allows you to search throughout the whole documentation space. Use the search capabilities of your browser (usually Ctrl+f) to find hits on the opened page.
- You can use more than one tab of your browser to review search results instead of bouncing back and forth in one tab.
- For more information about how to refine your search results, check our latest Search Tips article.
- InterTest and SymDump products were combined into one installation package (Single Pax File and Installation), but you can still install each product separately.