As you all probably know by now, CA Technologies has been acquired by Broadcom. As part of this transition, the CA Communities will be merging with the existing Broadcom Communities and moving to a new platform on June 6, 2019.
The new platform is called Higher Logic and this is the platform that the CA Communities were likely going to be moving to in the future even before the acquisition.
That said, change is hard and we want to ensure that the transition to Higher Logic is as seamless as possible. This is just the first of what will likely be many communications about the upcoming changes. If you have any questions, please feel free to respond to this post or contact your community manager directly.
New Platform. Same Content and Activity.
Yes, we are moving to a new platform, but we are bringing the content on this platform with us and will maintain all of our core programs. If you come here to ask questions, submit ideas, learn about webcasts and roadmaps or watch replays of those virtual events, you’ll still be able to do that. It’ll just look a little different.
Changes to Product Ideation
One change that you will notice is that on the new platform, all ideation is done in a separate ideation community rather than in each product area. We don’t expect this change to have any negative impact on the ideation process.
Restructured Product Communities
As part of the migration, we are taking the opportunity to upgrade our community hierarchy to better meet your needs.
- Mainframe products will now each have their own individual product communities so you can subscribe and get updates just for the products you use and are interested in.
- Enterprise Software communities will be built around solution areas that align with our new segment strategy.
What Do You Need to Do?
We are finalizing some of our designs and the information architecture this week, and as we get closer to launching the new combined Broadcom Communities, we’ll have new how-to videos and dates for training webcasts and Q&A sessions.
In the meantime, there are a few things you can do to help make your transition a smooth one:
- If you rely on your email to ask questions in the community or respond to posts, please log in to the site at least once within the next month. We will only be migrating users who have logged into the communities in the past 24 months. Don’t be left behind!
- If you’re not following The Water Cooler right now, head over there and click “Follow” in the upper right. We will be posting all of the migration-related announcements there.
- If you’re interested in helping us do some user testing and other validation activities, please contact your community manager: Octavie, Chris_Hackett or LennThompson
That’s the big news for now. We’ll have much more to share in coming weeks. If you have any questions, please ask them in the comments below or email one of us directly.