Walkency Plug-in for Gen Studio
Walkency for the CA Gen Studio is a research tool for the developers allowing them to investigate contents of the Gen Model located on the workstation. Utility provides tree view interface allowing expand its nodes as a navigation method and walk thru the contents of the model. Walkency is another example how to develop plug-in for the CA Gen Studio. Eclipse project with the sources is available for the download. Also fully functional plug-in is provided for those who do not want practicing development and just want to navigate thru the model and discover how model is built.
Walkency for CA Gen Studio is a Java plug-in and it needs CA Gen Studio to be installed on the workstation.
Installation process is very simple and straightforward process.
- Unzip WalkencyPlygin.zip file.
- Open /plugin installation subdirectory. Drop jar file and start your CA Gen Studio.
You can start expanding selected objects moving forward and backward thru the model. You can select other starting points using Search buttons.
You can start navigation by expanding nodes of the Model Tree View. Highlighting any node of the tree will cause that properties of the selected objects, properties of its parent and properties of their association will show on the right pane.
You can select new starting points at any time. It will cause that current contents of tree view will disappear and new starting points will be available. You can start a new navigation cycle again.
Closing Walkency will cause return of control back to the Toolset.
- Search by Type uses pre-selected object type to find all objects of this type in the model. Model Tree View will display list of the selected objects. They constitute initial starting points for this search.
- Search by Id requires entering a single valid object id. Model Tree View will display a single entry point for the provided id.
- Search by Name allows finding object having specified both name and type. Model Tree View will display a single entry point if such object exists.
- Search by Record Number allows finding object by the combination of record number and objecting type.
- Model Tree View is main pane used during navigation thru the model. You have to have selected starting points first. You can expand object by clicking on ‘+’. You will see a list of objects directly associated with the expanded object. All objects associated with parent object by association of type forward are using green right looking arrow. All objects associated with parent object by association of type backward are using by yellow left looking arrow. We refer to parent object as a source object and all depended objects as a destination objects. You can highlight any node of the tree. You will see that data on the right pane is refreshed showing current properties of the association, source object, destination object and object properties.
- Properties of the source objectare for a parent of the currently highlighted object.
- Properties of associationare describing association between source and destination object.
- Properties of the destinationobject refer to the currently highlighted object.
- Properties of the objectare for the currently selected destination object.