The CA Service Desk Manager tool is a great Service Desk solution but there are still a number of improvements that need to be urgently incorporated into the product.
One of the most deficient processes of improvement in the tool is knowledge management. This idea is intended to elucidate some issues that require immediate attention from the CA vendor.
In the current context where companies invest considerable amounts in the implementation and maintenance of the process of knowledge management, it is indispensable that the tool provides the best experience for the consumers users of this knowledge. And this good experience depends almost exclusively on a reliable and accurate search engine in the tool.
People today are accustomed to the comfort that Google search gives us. And it's impossible not to parallel the Service Desk tool's search engine.
The tool is NOT yet fully compatible with the "Portuguese-BR" language and others even though it is configured as described in the official product documentation and does not perform properly in the scenarios described below:
1) Search for the term "integração" is different from searching for the term "integracao" (not accented). This problem does not exist in the English language because double-byte is not used there, and in addition the spellcheck of the tool does not interfere in the search of terms;
2) Search for the term "reiniciar" is different from searching for the terms "reiniciando", "reinicializando" or "reinicializado". This problem occurs because the search engine does not consider word radicals;
3) Search for the term "policiais" is different from searching for the term "polisiais" (spelled incorrectly but with the same pronunciation). This problem occurs because the search engine does not consider phonemes;
4) Search for the term "add" is different from searching for the term "insert". This problem occurs because the search engine does not consider synonyms of the language unless they are registered manually;
5) Search for the term "automobile" is different from searching for the term "automobiles". This problem occurs because the search engine does not consider plural and singular words, except in the English language;
6) Search for the sentence "How can I register an item?" Is treated as independent terms and without any context. This problem occurs because the natural language search engine only functions in the English language;
These shortcomings of the search engine in the tool, together with other problems involving the calculation of relevance and indexing of documents, seriously compromise the efficiency of the knowledge management process, which is primarily aimed at locating documents for users.