XMLSpear is a free XML editor with real-time validation.
It is easy to use, built in Java and available for all platforms.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- created with XMLSpear -->
<configuration environment="clarity-on-www" color="orange" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="configuration.xsd">
<!-- * Soap XOG server credentials and end point 10.66.58.33 -->
<!-- http://10.66.58.34/niku/xog -->
<!-- if using a default port then leave the port element empty -->
<!-- ask for confirm before actual XOG -->
<!-- if the proxy settings are not configured-->
<!-- the proxy hostname and port are taken from the XMLSpear network settings-->
- Save it with a different file name which represents the environment you want to XOG, for example: "Lab_Machine.xml" .
You can also assign different colors to your environment here. In example below I'm using "BLACK"
But other colors can be used such "RED" "YELLOW" "BLUE"... etc.. they work too. It will be later on shown in the XMLSpear when xogging:
It will allow to create many XML (one for each environment) and easily recognize in the lookup when chose for your target application server.
- Launch XMLSpear exe file. Let's go to perform a simple XOG. For that demo, I will read an user from CA PPM.
- Open the XML file as input file.
- In the top menu, go to Claity / Run XOG action
- Select your environment and enter password (if not configured in the XML properties file).
Default values will be "Use current tab" for the Input file and "Open in a new tab" for Output file.
For Input, it can be changed from one or multiple files:
For Output, it can be changed to be saved into a file:
Different options will be shown according depending on the selection. User will have to complete required details.
- Click "OK" and wait for the results in a new tab called "xogresults".
**Note: Advance functionalities are not covered in that post.
Same process, just ensure correct details are entered in the XML configuration file.