[Part 3 of 5]
What does the feature do?
Before starting the upgrade, it backs up the following
- EM Home folder
- Postgres DB
How to use this feature?
- Once the pre-upgrade checks are complete, click on 'Next'
- Then click on Create Backup
I would like to highlight the intense amount of thought we put into every step of the upgrade process. In the above step, you can reduce the amount of backup you would like to take for your smartstor DB to just a few days as opposed to the whole DB backup.
Once the backup is complete, you would see a screen like this one
- You have the option to disable backup. However we would recommend you to take a backup
- You also have the option to choose to take a backup of Smartstor, Postgres DB, EM_Home or any one of them. Again, we would recommend you take a backup of all the three items.
- You can also choose to take a backup of the whole Smartstor or a few days worth of a data.
That's all friends....thanks for reading through this one.
Until next time....see you soon!