In order to register as trusted host a Windows Machine to a specific
Windows Domain, do the following :
Windows Domain : training.com
Active Directory IP : 10.130.236.102
On the OS to be attached to the domain :
- Set the primary DNS server in the network configuration to be the IP
Address of the Domain Controller (where you just install the Active
Directory), as for example : 10.130.236.102
- In file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts add the following :
- Click Start and Right Click on "My Computer", choose "Properties"
- click on tab "Computer Name"
- Click on "Change..."
- Select Domain and write Training.com
- Give the username and password of the Domain administrator :
administrator : mypassword
- Click "Ok";
- On window "Welcome to the training.com domain" Click "Ok";
- On windows "You must restart your computer before the new settings will take effect" Click "yes";
The PC will reboot. Once you will be able to connect to the machine using :