|GENERAL SUMMARY: The Service Desk Supervisor, under the general direction of the Service Desk Manager, ensures Level One Contact Center support for all AHS-IS supported systems, applications, and equipment. They also provide leadership, coaching, managerial, technical, procedural, and process related assistance to the members of the Help Desk Team during their assigned shift. |
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises, coaches, trains and leads the Service Desk Analysts so they are fully engaged with departmental objectives and are committed to working efficiently toward continuous improvement and service excellence.
- Screens the qualifications and experience of applicants, interviews candidates and makes primary recommendations to hiring Manager.
- Supervises and performs coaching, ongoing education, performance appraisals, counseling and general management of assigned Service Desk Analysts. Provides promotion recommendations to Manager.
- Proven ability to multitask, establish partnerships across teams, and proactively address issues and opportunities for improvement in a fast paced, high volume environment to ensure that priority issues are appropriately assigned and necessary resources are engaged.
- Participates in Help Desk Leadership on-call rotation and interprets company policies as they relate to incident management and communications.
- Records problems/concerns, establishes acuity level and does follow-up as necessary on reported incidents including escalation of problem/concern with the authority to bypass the standard escalation path as necessary.
- Ensures that major technical, system or application issues (planned and unplanned) are appropriately addressed and communicated.
- Provides positive impact to Help Desk operational strategies by conducting needs assessments, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analysis related to staffing and scheduling trends, identifying and defining productivity, quality, and customer service standards by contributing information and analysis to departmental strategic plans and reviews.
- Participates in key cross-functional team meetings to provide information on Help Desk processes and serves as an area expert on issues which affect the quality and level of service provided to the customer.
- Serves as Major Incident Manager in accordance with IT Service Management Guidelines.
- Identify, design, implement and communicate process changes in order to improve productivity or employee satisfaction.
- Adhere to IT Service Management policy and procedures for all in scope process areas.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Possess critical thinking skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, problem solving, decision making, organizational and analytical skills
- Must be a customer service focused, self-motivated professional.
- Ability to be resilient and successfully manage in a fast paced, dynamic contact center environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Ability to quickly learn system functionality with little or no documentation.
- Collaborates with peers, Administrators, Department Managers, analysts and engineers regarding reported issues.
- Demonstrated pragmatic approach to leadership and customer service.
- Demonstrates poise in intense or stressful situations.
- Ability to work well with people of varying levels of technical abilities.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in troubleshooting and diagnosing of computer software and hardware issues.
- Ability to successfully comprehend and support clinical applications.
- Possess a high-level knowledge of industry standard service management tools (preferably CA Service Desk Manager)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Associate degree in related field required or a minimum of 3 years experience in IT with at least 2 years experience working as a supervisor, team lead, or Senior level analyst in a customer service or technical support contact center with experience in rapidly shifting procedures and processes
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working as a Service Desk Analyst and/or Level Two Support Analyst with a solid understanding of AHS-IS Help Desk policies, procedures, and processes.
- HDI Support Center Team Lead (or higher) or ITIL Foundations (must be obtained within 6 months of hire date)
- 1 additional current professional/technical certification (must be obtained within 6 months of hire date)
Supervises the Service Desk Analyst staff members.