|Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities: |
The successful candidate's core responsibilities will include, but not to be limited to:
- Assisting project leadership in designing project approach, establishing a technical direction and plan, and directing developers.
- Writing specifications that will meet business needs and legal requirements, and comply with applicable standards.
- Building and managing implementation plans for projects.
- Responding to questions from clients and analyzing what-if scenarios.
- Writing and reviewing technical and design documents.
- Providing change management procedures and standards to define and implement various types of security (hardware, software, OS level, etc.).
- Collaborating with IT infrastructure specialists to leverage infrastructure capabilities and expertise in optimizing designs and applications.
- Screening and mentoring team members.
- Creating test quality assurance plans.
- Managing change requests and problem reports.
- Managing Business Process Management implementation.
- Supporting .NET Framework preferably in C+/C++.
- Performing daily monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting of backup jobs on various applications and platforms (MS Active Directory, Exchange, Oracle, SQL Server, Windows, VMware, and UNIX servers).
- Providing TSM supports to database administrators, application analysts, and other system administrators.
- Analyzing TSM performance and design appropriate solutions to meet client needs and monitoring of scheduled backups to ensure success or take remedial action for failures.
- Performing installations and upgrades of TSM software.
- Providing backup system data statistics to management Perform periodic restores as requested by end users and other team members Installation and maintenance of IBM LPAR configuration software.
- Tuning TSM applications, tape libraries and host Operating Systems Troubleshoot TSM application issues as well as issues with backups and/or restores.
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
- Bachelor’s degree with 9+ years’ experience in relevant field. An equivalent combination of education, certification, and relevant experience may be considered.
- 5+ years of enterprise backup experience.
- 2+ years of working experience of SEPATON VTL.
- 2+ years of working experience of Scalar 2K/6K tape libraries.
- Certification in network operating system(s) (MCSE) and messaging systems.
- Experience supporting users in Microsoft Windows Server and Microsoft Exchange Server environments.
- Systems and network support experience.
- Background in financial systems support.
- Experience with the following:
- EMC storage VPLEX and VNX
- TSM 6.3 and latest version
- EMC PowerPaths devices
- CA tools
- CMDB, Service Desk and SOY
- NEXUS 2K and 7K
- Excellent knowledge of RedHat Linux Knowledge of IBM EndPoint Manager.
- Knowledge of TSM Knowledge of Guardium and STAP.
- Knowledge of IBM Blade Center power4 and 7.
- Strong, proactive client-service ethic.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Intermediate skills in computer technology, including network infrastructure, security, telecommunications, software applications, IP operations, PC and laptop hardware and peripherals.
- Advanced and refined computer and software troubleshooting skills.
- Strong time management and detail-oriented organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrable experience making nontechnical users comfortable with technology concepts.
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residency is required. Candidates selected must be able to successfully pass a client background investigation.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.