Many times I tried to avoid SPEL API usage where I can use regular metohds instead. I thought regular methods are more common and should work faster. Today I have performed little test where I compared factory based regular status_change, on other side was SPEL API method generic_status_change.
- 1002 requests, 501 with one summary and 501 with another;
- phase 1: in a loop call status change from asgn to wip
- phase 2: then in another loop call status change from wip to re.
Feels like I failed in my thoughts Time presented in 24hr timestamp, Start 1 and End 1 are stamps for Phase 1.
Results are pretty same but API methods were slighty faster.
PS: test algorithm is attached.