Less than a year ago, CA Technologies announced CA Live API Creator v2.0 – an innovative way to instantly create enterprise-class APIs from data sources.
Today, I’m excited to announce the release of CA Live API Creator 3.0 – a truly fantastic upgrade. Version 3.0 introduces new features that are a game changer, supporting a wide variety of API/application creation methodologies (top-down, bottom-up, code-first), new personas (developers, business users), and new technology trends (microservices, “serverless”).
Continuing on the path of innovation, CA Live API Creator 3.0 includes these enhancements:
- Managed Data – Create and manage underlying data sources without requiring DB admin skills
- Application-Driven Design – Create new data models and APIs in an application-centric UI, without having to understand the underlying tables, columns or relationships
- API Authoring – Quickly create robust code-first APIs on scalable infrastructure with browser-based code completion, a runtime debugger, and built-in helper libraries
- Salesforce Integration – Combine Salesforce objects with other data sources to create novel APIs with application logic and customization
- XML Input – Enable PUT/POST of XML-formatted API requests
- PostgreSQL as Admin Database – Deploy Live API Creator using Postgres as a supported admin DB